The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has recognized 18 Summit Medical Group primary care physicians for providing excellent care to patients with cardiovascular disease or who have had a stroke.
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program (HSRP) was launched in 2003 as a voluntary program designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care. HSRP assesses key quality performance measures, such as blood pressure control and smoking/tobacco use cessation assistance, among others.
“Each of our physicians is committed to the highest level of quality that primary care and preventive medicine can provide,” Summit Medical Group CEO Ed Curtis said. “These 18 physicians who participated in and received recognition through this voluntary program exemplify that commitment. We are fortunate to have this caliber of health care available in East Tennessee.”
Physicians receiving the recognition include:
- Dr. Kenneth M. Allum, Tennessee Valley Primary Care
- Dr. Thomas I. Anderson, Summit Medical Group at Deane Hill
- Dr. Andrew Bejarano, Powell Family Physicians
- Dr. Charles Bozeman
- Dr. Richard Burdeaux, Tri City Family Physicians
- Dr. John Carroll, Hardin Valley Internal Medicine
- Dr. Scott Gardner
- Dr. James Griffin, Internal Medicine Associates
- Dr. Alan Haney, Fountain City Family Physicians
- Dr. Adam Lett, Summit Medical Group at Deane Hill
- Dr. Michael Mitchell, Turkey Creek Internal Medicine
- Dr. Robert Mosca, Greeneville Internal Medicine & Family Practice
- Dr. Walker E. Nowell, Concord Medical Center
- Dr. Dinar Sayani
- Dr. Jonathan Smeltzer, Summit Medical Group at Deane Hill
- Dr. Wayne J. Stuart, Seymour Medical Center
- Dr. Mallory Trevino, Summit Medical Group at Deane Hill
- Dr. Armand C. Wood, Summit Medical Group at Deane Hill
“For a person with cardiovascular issues, the right clinician can make the difference between living with cardiovascular issues as opposed to suffering from cardiovascular issues,” NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane said. “By earning recognition, these clinicians have demonstrated that they provide effective, evidence-based care to patients with cardiovascular issues.”
Many Summit Medical Group physicians are accepting new patients. To locate a primary care provider, visit www.summitmedical.com.